Yes, you read that right. I said importance of masturbation. Why? It helps your immune system by increasing antibodies that help fight off colds, flus and infections, which is always important but absolutely critical right now. It’s not the masturbation so much that helps your immunity but rather the orgasm that generally follows it.
What are some of the other health benefits of orgasms?
- It boosts your libido – the more you participate, the more you increase lubrication, blood flow and elasticity and the more likely you are to want to have sex.
- It strengthens pelvic floor muscles which improves intercourse.
- It lowers blood pressure.
- It’s a great way to get some light exercise in.
- It lowers heart attack risk by helping keep estrogen and testosterone levels in balance.
- It alleviates pain.
- It improves sleep by inducing relaxation and sleepiness.
- It eases stress. Physical intimacy … even hugging, can release endorphins (the feel good hormone). Arousal releases a brain chemical that revs up your brain’s pleasure and reward system. It can also boost self-esteem and happiness.
- It can reduce mild depression and anxiety.
More benefits of orgasms
Masturbation and regular orgasms are especially important for women as we age, and not just for our immunity. When we’re in our 20’s and 30’s and even into our 40’s, we remain pretty juicy. Once we get into perimenopause and especially menopause, it’s a little more challenging. Sometimes orgasms are more difficult to obtain. What’s the big deal about orgasms? They help keep vaginal tissues softened and makes sex way more enjoyable!
And sex (with or without a partner) is great for your health! It helps boost your immune system (yes, I realize I’m harping on this point but that’s how important it is), reduce stress and anxiety (always important) and keeps the blood and the juices flowing.
Other things to think about
What’s your favourite way to masturbate? Hands (or fingers) or do you incorporate toys? Do you have a favourite toy? Do you prefer using them alone or with your partner?
So what are you supposed to do if there are others in the house with you? Wait until they go to bed or lock yourself in the bathroom or bedroom and practice quiet masturbating 😉
Practice Good Hygiene!
Just be sure to practice good hygiene … wash your hands both BEFORE and AFTER you play and if you’re using toys … clean those too with either a toy cleaner or dishwashing soap. Yes … I’m harping on this point too because it’s just that important.
One last thing …. ENJOY!!!!