One of the biggest challenges in life is maintaining balance. It’s not as easy as it sounds. My sister encouraged me for years to maintain balance … which sounded like a fabulous idea … I just didn’t know how to.
Between work, home, relationships, trying to shop smart, eat healthy, maintain a regular workout schedule … there never seems to be enough hours in a day. And if you’re going to school, have a child or two, caring for aging parents, have a long commute … well, that throws everything completely off kilter.
Did I mention the need to keep your relationships healthy and well cared for? Whether that’s a partner, friends, family … oh yeah … yourself??? It is definitely challenging to maintain a balance of everything that is important in our lives.
What does Balance mean to you?
You’re the only one who can determine what is important to you. Is it your job? Your partner? Children? Your health? Your home? The answer lies in our individual situations. Some people spend so much time focused on their job, education or children, they forget about their partners. Or worse … themselves. I see way too many women who are stressed out beyond belief … trying to be a great mom, wife, employee, daughter, sister, friend … and they forget about themselves. Or they think that time spent on rejuvenating themselves is time away from their other passions/obligations and somehow that’s a bad thing.
Here’s the thing. It’s great to have important people you love and take care of. But you need to make sure that one of those people is you. Because if you run yourself ragged and get sick … mentally, emotionally or physically … everyone suffers. Especially you.
So please … take a little time each weekend to get some extra rest, cook healthy meals, take some time out for yourself … even if it’s just an hour … and be good to yourself.
Did I mention sex? Whether it’s self pleasure, with your partner or someone new, orgasms are one of the best self care things you can do for yourself. You may not believe that, but after an orgasm you will feel so reenergized, you’ll be ready to take one the world!
A few tips for helping to manage your time
I’m not talking about the standard time management items. I’m talking about taking care of yourself. When you eat healthy, stay active and just take some down time, your other time management skills will improve.
- Drink plenty of water
- Eat lots of veggies and some fresh fruits
- Eat moderate amounts of protein
- Restrict simple sugars and carbohydrates as much as you can
- Limit the amount of processed foods and eating out you do (the sodium is so excessive)
- Move every day. Even a 10 minute walk can help wake you up, re-energize you and help you stay focussed on the tasks at hand.
- Take 5-10 minutes a day to just be. Close the door, forget the electronics, sit, breathe deeply, and just let your mind rest. It’s amazing how beneficial that is.
- And if you need a little extra help, there are amazing supplements that can help such as holy basil, magnesium, ashwaganda, rhodiola … but if you’re going to take those supplements, please get some advice on which one is right for you. Whether it’s me you ask, or someone at a health store, or your naturopath … we all just want to help.
- Don’t forget a sex break .. by yourself for a quick orgasm or with a partner for a quickie … sex can definitely help you get refocussed.
If you need help with learning to balance all the areas of your life and still have a satisfying sex life, please email me at email@example.com